The Calendar of Future Meetings can be viewed on the final page of this section.
Public participation Sessions of 15 minutes are held prior to the start of each public meeting.
For Committee Meetings questions may only be raised on items on the agenda.
For Full Town Council meetings, items which fall within the scope of the Council's activities may be raised by Bideford Residents. Participants will be asked to read the Bideford Town Council Code of Conduct (or available at the meeting), and to complete a pro-forma stating their name and address and item to be raised.
The protocol on the filming and recording of Council and Committee Meetings can be viewed here
Town Council Agenda - 13 December 2018
You are hereby summoned to attend a Meeting of Bideford Town Council to be held in the Council Chamber, Town Hall, Bideford, on Thursday 13 December 2018 at 6.30 pm for the purpose of transacting the following business.
In accordance with The Public Bodies (Admissions to Meetings) Act 1960 members of the public are welcome to attend. There is a legal right to film/record/photograph/report public meetings.
Clerk to the Council
1. To accept apologies and reasons for absence.
2. To receive declarations of interest on items on the agenda and note the requests for dispensation received by the Clerk prior to the meeting.
3. Public participation session of 15 minutes duration on items submitted prior to the meeting by Bideford residents, which fall within the scope of the Council’s activities.
4. To approve the minutes of the meeting held on 1 November 2018 as a correct record.
5. Accounts - To approve the payments listed.
6. To receive the report from the County Councillor on issues within the parish.
7. To receive a presentation from Chamber of Commerce on issues with the parish.
8. To receive such communications as the Town Mayor / Town Clerk may wish to lay before the Council
9. Staffing, Finance & General Purposes Committee –
To approve and adopt the minutes of the meeting held on 29 November 2018.
(Minute Numbers 67, 69 and 72 are recommendations).
10. Planning Committee –
a. to approve and adopt the minutes of the meeting held on 21 November 2018
b. to approve and adopt the minutes of the meeting held on 12 December 2018
11. Market Management Committee – to approve and adopt the minutes of the meeting held on 6 December 2018.
12. Tourism Committee – to receive the notes from the inquorate meeting held on 6 November 2018 and to consider and resolve upon the following item arising from that meeting:
“To resolve upon giving delegated powers to The Mayor, Chairman and Committee Clerk to progress the Decorative Bed planting project within the guidelines and budget previously agreed.”
13. Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group – to approve and adopt the minutes of the meeting held on 17 October 2018.
(Minute Number 05 is a recommendation).
14. Notice of Motion – Councillor D Bushby
“The Provision of hanging baskets along Allhalland Street and in front of the Pannier Market to include the hanging brackets and a full irrigation system as part of the regeneration of Bideford Town Centre.”
15. To receive the notes from the Town Centre Partnership meeting held on 21 November 2018.
16. DALC Meeting – To receive an update from Councillor Brenton and consider any actions arising.
17. Taw & Torridge Estuary Forum Meeting – To receive an update from Councillor Johns and consider any actions arising.
18. Torridge District Council – To receive an update on Torridge District Council activities by one of the Councillors.
19. To receive an update on Bridge Trust activities by one of the Trustees.
Prayers will be said by Reverend Claire-Rose Casemore from St Mary’s Church in the Council Chamber at 6.20 pm, prior to the start of the meeting. Councillors are invited to participate if they so wish.