The Calendar of Future Meetings can be viewed below.
Public participation Sessions of 15 minutes are held prior to the start of each public meeting.
For Committee Meetings questions may only be raised on items on the agenda.
For Full Town Council meetings, items which fall within the scope of the Council's activities may be raised by Bideford Residents. Participants will be asked to read the Bideford Town Council Code of Conduct (or available at the meeting), and to complete a pro-forma stating their name and address and item to be raised.
The protocol on the filming and recording of Council and Committee Meetings can be viewed here
TIMETABLE FOR COUNCIL MEETINGS AND EVENTS FOR 2023-2024
Agenda - Town Council - Thursday 7 December 2023
You are hereby summoned to attend a Meeting of Bideford Town Council in the Town Hall on Thursday 7 December 2023 at 6.30 pm for the purpose of transacting the following business.
In accordance with The Public Bodies (Admissions to Meetings) Act 1960 members of the public are welcome to attend. There is a legal right to film/record/photograph/report public meetings.
Clerk to the Council
1. To accept apologies and reasons for absence.
2. To receive declarations of interest on items on the agenda and note the requests for dispensation received by the Clerk prior to the meeting.
3. Public participation session of 15 minutes duration on items submitted prior to the meeting by Bideford residents, which fall within the scope of the Council’s activities.
5. Accounts - To approve the payments listed.
6. To receive the report from County Councillor Mrs Hellyer on issues within the parish.
7. To receive such communications as the Town Mayor / Town Clerk may wish to lay before the Council.
8. Market Management Committee – to approve and adopt the minutes of the meeting held on 2 November 2023
10. Staffing, Finance and General Purposes Committee - to approve and adopt the minutes of the meeting held 30 November 2023.
12. To resolve upon the Regeneration Board Marketing Strategy match funding as below:
£1,500 to be allocated -
• Raise the profile of Bideford and specifically the compelling experiences on offer in the town to help drive footfall ie
o Christmas town events,
o The strong independent retail offer, and market experiences
• Improve social connectedness. Foster a sense of belonging and community engagement with businesses, residents, schools, and churches.
• Elevate the visibility of Bideford to drive positive changes in the town centre.
• Encourage local and regional engagement with the town.
13. To receive and resolve upon the report from the Tourism Committee to make a temporary change to the Civic events in 2024.
14. Loan Of Council Items for the D-Day 80 Beacon Lighting Ceremony on 6th June 2024 at Pollyfield Centre
15. Notice of Motion Councillor Hind:
A request for the full Council to resolve upon amending Standing Order 4 as enclosed document.
16. Notice of Motion Councillors Craigie, McKenzie, Hind and Bines
“That this Council joins the Northern Devon Railway Development Alliance as a founding member” as enclosed document.
17. Torridge District Council – To receive an update on Torridge District Council activities by one of the Councillors.
18. To receive an update on Bridge Trust activities by one of the Trustees.
Prayers / a moment of contemplation will be said by Mary Law, independent celebrant and Chaplain to the Mayor, in the Council Chamber at 6.20 pm, prior to the start of the meeting. Councillors and Members of the Public are invited to participate if they so wish.
Date of the next meeting – Thursday 18th January 2024