Page 1 of 3
The Calendar of Future Meetings can be viewed below.
Public participation Sessions of 15 minutes are held prior to the start of each public meeting.
For Committee Meetings questions may only be raised on items on the agenda.
For Full Town Council meetings, items which fall within the scope of the Council's activities may be raised by Bideford Residents. Participants will be asked to read the Bideford Town Council Code of Conduct (or available at the meeting), and to complete a pro-forma stating their name and address and item to be raised.
The protocol on the filming and recording of Council and Committee Meetings can be viewed here
TIMETABLE FOR COUNCIL MEETINGS AND EVENTS FOR 2022-2023
Agenda - Town Council Meeting - Tuesday 27 September 2022
You are hereby summoned to attend a Meeting of Bideford Town Council to be held on Tuesday 27 September 2022 at 6.30 pm in the Town Hall for the purpose of transacting the following business.
In accordance with The Public Bodies (Admissions to Meetings) Act 1960 members of the public are welcome to attend. There is a legal right to film/record/photograph/report public meetings.
Clerk to the Council
Two minute silence to mark the passing of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
1. To accept apologies and reasons for absence.
2. To receive declarations of interest on items on the agenda and note the requests for dispensation received by the Clerk prior to the meeting.
3. Public participation session of 15 minutes duration on items submitted prior to the meeting by Bideford residents, which fall within the scope of the Council’s activities.
5. To approve the payments list.
6. To receive the verbal report from the County Councillor on issues within the parish.
7. To receive a presentation from Mr B Hopkins on Community Energy.
8. Staffing, Finance and General Purposes Committee Meeting - .
9. Market Management Committee Meeting–.
10. Planning Committee – .
11. Tourism Committee – .
12. Allotment Committee – .
13. To start to consider how to mark the 450th anniversary of the town of Bideford
14. To consider the email from the NHS Communities Support and Development Manager regarding the Cost of Living crisis and the request for Bideford Town Council to support community focused solutions via town/parish workshops.
15. To receive the Notes from the Bideford Town Centre Partnership held on 7th September 2022.
16. Torridge District Council – To receive an update on Torridge District Council activities by one of the Councillors.
17. To receive an update on Bridge Trust activities by one of the Trustees.
Reflective silence will be held by Jacqui Poole of the Quakers at 6.20 pm prior to the Town Council meeting. Councillors are invited to participate if they so wish.
Date of next Meeting: Thursday 3 November 2022