The Calendar of Future Meetings can be viewed on the final page of this section.
Public participation Sessions of 15 minutes are held prior to the start of each public meeting.
For Committee Meetings questions may only be raised on items on the agenda.
For Full Town Council meetings, items which fall within the scope of the Council's activities may be raised by Bideford Residents. Participants will be asked to read the Bideford Town Council Code of Conduct (or available at the meeting), and to complete a pro-forma stating their name and address and item to be raised.
The protocol on the filming and recording of Council and Committee Meetings can be viewed here
Staffing, Finance & General Purposes Committee Meeting Agenda
You are hereby summoned to attend a meeting of the Staffing, Finance & General Purposes Committee of the above-named Council to be held in the Council Chamber, Town Hall, Bideford, on Thursday 26 July 2018 at 6.30 pm for the purpose of transacting the following business.
In accordance with The Public Bodies (Admissions to Meetings) Act 1960 members of the public are welcome to attend this Meeting. There is a legal right to film/record/photograph/report public meetings.
for Clerk to the Council
1. To receive apologies and reasons for absence
2. To receive declarations of interest on items on the agenda and note any requests for dispensation received by the Clerk prior to the meeting.
3. Public participation session of 15 minutes duration on items on the agenda.
4. To approve the minutes of the meeting held on Thursday 14 June 2018 as a correct record.
5. Items brought forward by the Chairman.
6. Accounts – To approve the payments listed.
To receive the Internal Finance Inspector’s Report for the period 1 April – 18 June 2018.
7. To receive further information from the Community Engagement Officer at TDC about the funding of additional recreational facilities at the new Skate Park development and recommend a contribution sum to Full Council.
8. To receive and resolve upon the actions to be taken on the Manor Court Presentments 2018.
9. To consider the level of contribution to be made by The Town Council to the Royal British Legion towards the buffet served on Remembrance Sunday.
10. To receive a letter from a householder adjacent to Ford Woods and consider the response.
11. To consider additional information received on the Digital Display Monitor for the Queen Street building and resolve accordingly.
12. To consider the request for financial support from Barnstaple Town Council to assist with securing the short and longer term future of the North Devon Records Office and Local Studies Centre and resolve/recommend accordingly. Encl.
13. Maintenance Operatives –
a. To receive an update on the tasks undertaken by the Maintenance Operatives.
b. To consider the Salary recommendation made by South West Employers for a Supervisor Role within the Maintenance Team.
c. To consider and approve the refurbishment of a bench on Abbotsham Road near Bideford College.
The next meeting of the Staffing, Finance & General Purposes Committee will be held on Thursday 30 August 2018.
MEMBERS OF THE STAFFING, FINANCE & GENERAL PURPOSES COMMITTEE
Councillors D Brenton, D Bushby (Town Mayor), P Christie, D Howell, S Inch (Chairman), M Langmead, D McGeough, P Pester and R Wootton
Agenda item 9 -
A contribution of £200 towards the buffet served on Remembrance Sunday was made in 2017.
Agenda item 11 -
After a site visit with Councillors Bushby and Howell, the following email was received from the supplier, Promultis:
Based on the discussion we had originally about ambient light where the shop front is I quoted a standard brightness screen. Following the site survey we would recommend – especially for the times during the day when the light levels are high – a 2000 nits screen. The cost difference is £ 1925 ex VAT if we use a Phillips 49” high bright solution which is in stock with our distributors.