The Calendar of Future Meetings can be viewed on the final page of this section.
Public participation Sessions of 15 minutes are held prior to the start of each public meeting.
For Committee Meetings questions may only be raised on items on the agenda.
For Full Town Council meetings, items which fall within the scope of the Council's activities may be raised by Bideford Residents. Participants will be asked to read the Bideford Town Council Code of Conduct (or available at the meeting), and to complete a pro-forma stating their name and address and item to be raised.
The protocol on the filming and recording of Council and Committee Meetings can be viewed here
Market Management Committee Agenda - 12 September 2019
You are hereby summoned to attend a meeting of Market Management Committee of the above-named Council to be held in the Council Chamber, Town Hall, Bideford, on Thursday 12 September 2019 at 6.30 pm for the purpose of transacting the following business.
In accordance with The Public Bodies (Admissions to Meetings) Act 1960 members of the public are welcome to attend. There is a legal right to film/record/photograph/report public meetings.
Clerk to the Council
1. To receive apologies and reasons for absence.
2. To receive declarations of interest on items on the agenda and note any requests for dispensation received by the Clerk prior to the meeting.
3. Public participation session of 15 minutes duration on items on the agenda.
4. To approve the minutes of the Meeting held on 1 August 2019 as a correct record.
5. Accounts - To approve the payments listed.
6. Chairman’s / Market Administrator’s Report.
7. To note the Kenwith Company of Archers commencement of their Winter season effective Tuesday, 24 September 2019 (twice weekly).
8. a. To receive a presentation from the Development Officer and resolve accordingly.
b. To resolve upon the administration of the Development Officer’s Budget giving spending approval to the Market Administrator and Chairman.
9. To consider and resolve upon:
a. Whether to continue the recent practice of Market Trading during the Christmas Lights Switch on (this year Sunday 1 December 2019), opening hours of 12 noon – 5.00 pm.
b. Extending trading during the, date to be confirmed, Bideford Late Night Shopping Event.
10. To receive reports from the Committee Traders / Tenants including
11. PART II (Closed Session)
12. Chairman’s Report - confidential matters.
13. To receive any terminations of leases by tenants / traders and consider applications received for tenancies of premises and confirm rent level.
14. To receive an update on rent and resolve upon action to be taken.
15. To receive a claim from a tenant for damage to stock caused by water ingress.
MARKET MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE
Councillors: Mrs Corfe, J Craigie, Hawkins, Mrs Hellyer, McKenzie, Wootton
Traders/Tenants: Market Hall: Mrs G Morgan Mr B Sidwell
Butchers Row: Miss K la Fontaine
Date of Next Meeting: 24 October 2019