The Calendar of Future Meetings can be viewed on the final page of this section.
Public participation Sessions of 15 minutes are held prior to the start of each public meeting.
For Committee Meetings questions may only be raised on items on the agenda.
For Full Town Council meetings, items which fall within the scope of the Council's activities may be raised by Bideford Residents. Participants will be asked to read the Bideford Town Council Code of Conduct (or available at the meeting), and to complete a pro-forma stating their name and address and item to be raised.
The protocol on the filming and recording of Council and Committee Meetings can be viewed here
Currently, in light of Government and Health Executive guidelines, Bideford Town Council are holding Town Council meetings via Zoom.
The Town Council meetings will take place on:
4 March 2021
8 April 2021
13 May 2021
Staffing, Finance & General Purposes Committee
25 March 2021
10 March 2021
Town Council Meeting Agenda - Thursday 4 March 2021
You are hereby summoned to attend a Meeting of Bideford Town Council to be held via Zoom on Thursday 4 March 2021 at 6.30 pm for the purpose of transacting the following business.
In accordance with The Public Bodies (Admissions to Meetings) Act 1960 members of the public are welcome to attend. The access code for the meeting can be found at the end of this agenda. There is a legal right to film/record/photograph/report public meetings.
Clerk to the Council
1. To accept apologies and reasons for absence.
2. To receive declarations of interest on items on the agenda and note the requests for dispensation received by the Clerk prior to the meeting.
3. Public participation session of 15 minutes duration on items submitted prior to the meeting by Bideford residents, which fall within the scope of the Council’s activities.
4. To approve the minutes of the meeting held on 21 January 2021 as a correct record.
5. Accounts - To approve the payments listed.
6. To receive a report from Inspector Shaun Kenneally and to present a Town Council plaque in recognition of Inspector Kenneally’s work and dedication to Bideford on his retirement from the Police Force.
7. To receive a presentation from Airband concerning their plans for the rollout of fibre broadband to Bideford and other areas.
8. To receive the written report from County Councillor Mrs Hellyer on issues within the parish.
9. To receive such communications as the Town Mayor / Town Clerk may wish to lay before the Council.
10. Staffing, Finance & General Purposes Committee- to approve and adopt the minutes of the meeting held on
a. 11 February 2021 (Minute No 210 d. and 215 are recommendations)
b. 18 February 2021 Grants (Minute No 227 contains two recommendations)
12. Market Committee - to approve and adopt the minutes of the meeting held on 25 February 2021.
13. Tourism Committee - to approve and adopt the minutes of the meeting held on 26 January 2021.
14. Decarbonisation and Environment Committee – to approve and adopt the minutes of the meeting held on 2 February 2021.
15. Emergency Planning Committee – to approve and adopt the minutes of the meeting held on 15 February 2021.
16. To nominate a representative to join the Rural /Market Towns Grouping.
17. To receive an update on the requirement for the Maintenance Team to relocate from their current premises and to agree an “in principle budget” for the move to a new facility.
18. Notice of Motion: Councillor Herron:
Bideford Bridge Pancake Day Races. To organise and hold races across Bideford Bridge on Shrove Tuesday.
19. Notice of Motion: Councillor Mrs Langford:
Bideford Town Council should write to Torridge District Council asking them to reconsider their dog waste collection policy and capacity, particularly regarding their refusal to place a bin on Pincombe Road at the entrance to the Appledore Grove Estate.
20. DALC Meeting – To receive an update from Councillor Mrs Craigie and consider any actions arising.
21. Torridge District Council – To receive an update on Torridge District Council activities by one of the Councillors.
22. To receive an update on Bridge Trust activities by one of the Trustees.
Report – Agenda item 16.
Members accepted the invitation to join the Rural and Market Towns Grouping at the last Town Council meeting. We have received an invite for the appointed RMTG representative to attend the RMTG meeting which will be held between 16:30-18:00 online via Zoom on Monday, 29th March 2021.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 899 1624 7647
Please note that joining by telephone or mobile may incur charges to the bill owner.
One tap mobile
+442034815240,,89916247647#,,,,*868732# United Kingdom
+442039017895,,89916247647#,,,,*868732# United Kingdom
Dial by your location
+44 203 481 5240 United Kingdom
+44 203 901 7895 United Kingdom
+44 131 460 1196 United Kingdom
+44 203 051 2874 United Kingdom
+44 203 481 5237 United Kingdom
Meeting ID: 899 1624 7647
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kdcpNLRwpD