The Calendar of Future Meetings can be viewed below.
Public participation Sessions of 15 minutes are held prior to the start of each public meeting.
For Committee Meetings questions may only be raised on items on the agenda.
For Full Town Council meetings, items which fall within the scope of the Council's activities may be raised by Bideford Residents. Participants will be asked to read the Bideford Town Council Code of Conduct (or available at the meeting), and to complete a pro-forma stating their name and address and item to be raised.
The protocol on the filming and recording of Council and Committee Meetings can be viewed here
TIMETABLE FOR COUNCIL MEETINGS AND EVENTS FOR 2023-2024
Agenda - Market Management Committee - Thursday 21 September 2023
You are hereby summoned to attend a meeting of Market Management Committee of the above-named Council to be held in the Council Chamber, Town Hall, Bideford, on Thursday 21 September 2023 at 6.30 pm for the purpose of transacting the following business.
In accordance with The Public Bodies (Admissions to Meetings) Act 1960 members of the public are welcome to attend. There is a legal right to film/record/photograph/report public meetings.
Clerk to the Council
1. To receive apologies and reasons for absence.
2. To receive declarations of interest on items on the agenda and note any requests for dispensation received by the Clerk prior to the meeting.
3. Public participation session of 15 minutes duration on items on the agenda.
4. To approve the minutes of the Meeting held on 17 August 2023, as a correct record.
5. Accounts - To approve the payments listed.
6. Chairman’s / Market Administrator’s Report.
7. To confirm and resolve upon the Town Clerk attending the NABMA Conference, 8 – 10 October 2023, in place of the Chairman.
8. Notice of Motion – Councillor Hind.
“Bideford Town Council recognises that Bideford is a market town with a market charter granted by King Henry II in 1272 and therefore resolves to:
a. To commit the Council to running whenever possible markets in the Pannier Market Hall on Tuesdays and Saturdays and any other days when this is deemed appropriate, to assist with the regeneration of the Town Centre.
b. To work with outside organisations and businesses who wish to plan, organise and deliver such Tuesday and Saturday markets or on any other day.”
9. PART II (Closed Session)
10. Chairman’s Report – confidential, including staffing, matters.
11. Tenant / Trader.
a. To receive any terminations of leases by tenants / traders, consider applications received for tenancies of premises and resolve accordingly.
b. To consider and resolve upon tenant / trader / landlord matters.
MARKET MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE
Councillors: Bushby, Mrs Gubb, Hawkins (Chairman), Mrs Hellyer, S Inch, McKenzie (Town Mayor)
Market Complex: Councillor Lawrence, Ms Bennett
Date of Next Meeting: 2 November 2023