The Calendar of Future Meetings can be viewed on the final page of this section.
Public participation Sessions of 15 minutes are held prior to the start of each public meeting.
For Committee Meetings questions may only be raised on items on the agenda.
For Full Town Council meetings, items which fall within the scope of the Council's activities may be raised by Bideford Residents. Participants will be asked to read the Bideford Town Council Code of Conduct (or available at the meeting), and to complete a pro-forma stating their name and address and item to be raised.
The protocol on the filming and recording of Council and Committee Meetings can be viewed here
Agenda for Town Council Meeting - 13 August 2020
You are hereby summoned to attend an on-line Meeting of Bideford Town Council to be held via Zoom, on Thursday 13 August 2020 at 6.30 pm for the purpose of transacting the following business.
Clerk to the Council
1. To accept apologies and reasons for absence.
2. To receive declarations of interest on items on the agenda and note the requests for dispensation received by the Clerk prior to the meeting.
3. Public participation session of 15 minutes duration on items submitted prior to the meeting by Bideford residents, which fall within the scope of the Council’s activities.
4. To approve the minutes of the meeting held via Zoom on 25 June 2020 as a correct record.
5. To approve the payments listed:
a. Payments up to 31 July 2020
b. Payments up to 13 August 2020
6. To receive the verbal report from the Police on issues within the parish.
7. To receive the verbal report from the County Councillor on issues within the parish. Cllr. A Inch
8. To receive such communications as the Town Mayor / Town Clerk may wish to lay before the Council.
9. Extraordinary Market Management Committee Meeting– to approve and adopt the minutes of the meeting held on via zoom on 23 July 2020.
10. Decarbonisation and Environment Committee – to approve and adopt the minutes of the meeting held on via zoom on 7th July 2020.
12. To receive a report on the feasibility and costs of relocating the TDC Skate Ramp to a park in East-the-Water and to agree whether this should be pursued with Torridge District Council.
13. To receive the costings for a replacement lighting pole outside Bridge Buildings and agree the next steps.
14. DALC Meeting – To receive an update from Councillor Mrs Craigie and consider any actions arising.
15. Torridge District Council – To receive an update on Torridge District Council activities by one of the Councillors.
16. To receive an update on Bridge Trust activities by one of the Trustees.
Date of next Meeting: Thursday 17 September 2020
Please note the following meetings are scheduled:
Staffing, Finance & General Purposes Committee – Wednesday 2 September 2020 at 6.30 pm – via Zoom
Town Council – Thursday 17 September 2020 at 6.30 pm – via Zoom
Currently, in light of Government and Health Executive guidelines, Bideford Town Council are holding Town Council meetings via Zoom.
Town Council meetings are being held every six weeks and committee meetings are being scheduled as required.