The Calendar of Future Meetings can be viewed on the final page of this section.
Public participation Sessions of 15 minutes are held prior to the start of each public meeting.
For Committee Meetings questions may only be raised on items on the agenda.
For Full Town Council meetings, items which fall within the scope of the Council's activities may be raised by Bideford Residents. Participants will be asked to read the Bideford Town Council Code of Conduct (or available at the meeting), and to complete a pro-forma stating their name and address and item to be raised.
The protocol on the filming and recording of Council and Committee Meetings can be viewed here
Town Council Agenda
You are hereby summoned to attend a Meeting of Bideford Town Council to be held in the Council Chamber, Town Hall, Bideford, on Thursday 09 August 2018 at 6.30 pm for the purpose of transacting the following business.
In accordance with The Public Bodies (Admissions to Meetings) Act 1960 members of the public are welcome to attend. There is a legal right to film/record/photograph/report public meetings.
Clerk to the Council
1. To accept apologies and reasons for absence.
2. To receive declarations of interest on items on the agenda and note the requests for dispensation received by the Clerk prior to the meeting.
3. Public participation session of 15 minutes duration on items submitted prior to the meeting by Bideford residents, which fall within the scope of the Council’s activities.
4. To approve the minutes of the meeting held on 28 June 2018 as a correct record.
5. Accounts - To approve the payments listed.
6. To receive the verbal report from the Police.
7. To receive the report from the County Councillor on issues within the parish.
8. To receive such communications as the Town Mayor / Town Clerk may wish to lay before the Council.
9. Market Management Committee - to approve and adopt the minutes of the meeting held on 2 August 2018.
10. Planning Committee –
a. to approve and adopt the minutes of the meeting held on 18th July 2018
b. to approve and adopt the minutes of the meeting held on 8th August 2018
11. Tourism Committee - to approve and adopt the minutes of the meeting held on 10 July 2018 (All items are recommendations).
12. Staffing, Finance & General Purposes Committee - to approve and adopt the minutes of the meeting held on 26 July 2018. (Minute Nos. 20 and 21 are recommendations).
13. To give consideration to an email received from The Senior Estates Officer from Torridge District Council suggesting that the Town Council may be interested in adopting a 100 m2 grassed area of land at Mines Road, which comes with the commuted sum of £8,000 and respond accordingly.
14. Neighbourhood plan – To consider the formation and Membership of a Steering Group.
15. To receive the notes from the Town Centre Partnership meeting held on 12th July 2018.
16. DALC Meeting – To receive an update from Councillor Brenton and consider any actions arising.
17. Taw & Torridge Estuary Forum Meeting – To receive an update from Councillor Johns and consider any actions arising.
18. Torridge District Council – To receive an update on Torridge District Council activities by one of the Councillors.
19. To receive an update on Bridge Trust activities by one of the Trustees.
Prayers will be said in the Council Chamber at 6.20 pm by Reverend Leigh Winsbury from the St Mary’s Church, Bideford, prior to the start of the meeting. Councillors are invited to participate if they so wish.
Agenda Item 14
At the last Town Council this item was deferred to allow Members to submit suggestions to the Town Clerk regarding the formation of a Steering Group.
It has been suggested that one Councillor from each Ward is nominated to sit on the Steering Group, with further representation invited from The Chamber of Commerce, Education and Health. It has also been suggested that each representative on the Steering Group undertakes to acquire and represent the views of other bodies within the town, e.g. sporting organisations, Tourism based organisations etc.