The Calendar of Future Meetings can be viewed on the final page of this section.
Public participation Sessions of 15 minutes are held prior to the start of each public meeting.
For Committee Meetings questions may only be raised on items on the agenda.
For Full Town Council meetings, items which fall within the scope of the Council's activities may be raised by Bideford Residents. Participants will be asked to read the Bideford Town Council Code of Conduct (or available at the meeting), and to complete a pro-forma stating their name and address and item to be raised.
The protocol on the filming and recording of Council and Committee Meetings can be viewed here
Currently, in light of Government and Health Executive guidelines, Bideford Town Council are holding Town Council meetings via Zoom.
Town Council Meeting Agenda - 21 January 2021
You are hereby summoned to attend a Meeting of Bideford Town Council to be held in the Council Chamber, Town Hall, Bideford, on Thursday 21 January 2021 at 6.30 pm for the purpose of transacting the following business.
In accordance with The Public Bodies (Admissions to Meetings) Act 1960 members of the public are welcome to attend. The access code for the meeting can be found at the end of this agenda. There is a legal right to film/record/photograph/report public meetings.
Clerk to the Council
1. To accept apologies and reasons for absence.
2. To receive declarations of interest on items on the agenda and note the requests for dispensation received by the Clerk prior to the meeting.
3. Public participation session of 15 minutes duration on items submitted prior to the meeting by Bideford residents, which fall within the scope of the Council’s activities.
4. To approve the minutes of the meeting held on 17 December 2020 as a correct record.
5. Accounts - To approve the payments listed.
6. To receive the verbal report from the Police on issues within the parish.
7. To receive the verbal report from the County Councillor on issues within the parish.
8. To receive a presentation from Councillor Mrs Kaye Corfe on housing and homelessness.
9. To receive such communications as the Town Mayor / Town Clerk may wish to lay before the Council.
10. Staffing, Finance & General Purposes Committee - to approve and adopt the minutes of the meeting held on 07 January 2021
(Minute Nos 194 and 201 (Precept) are recommendations)
12. Emergency Planning Meeting. to approve and adopt the minutes of the meeting held on :
a. 14 December 2020
b. 18 January 2021
13. To consider and resolve upon a request to join the Rural /Market Towns Grouping.
14. Notice of Motion – Councillor Mrs S Langford
“Recognising the adverse effect on the natural environment of cheap, discarded, polystyrene bodyboards, it is proposed that Bideford Town Council fully supports a campaign to persuade retailers to remove the boards from sale.”
15. Notice of Motion – Councillor J Herron
“I would like this Council to recognise the terrible toll some plastics are having on the environment that we are living in. I’m hoping that we can all agree to campaign for a ban on single use plastics throughout Bideford. The project could be called “The Little Plastic free Town”, or something similar. I recognise that this will be a massive mission, but we need to try.”
16. Notice of Motion – Councillor Mrs L Hellyer
“For Bideford Town Council to write to Meg Booth, Head of Highways at DCC to request that streetlights are installed along Mines Road and Old Barnstaple road, at the point where they cease in both streets. There is considerable pedestrian traffic in both areas and neither road has footways which makes it dangerous when it is dark. Both roads are accessed by residents from the sizeable new housing developments that are adjacent to Manteo way, and they are used access the Town centre, Health centre, Primary School, Supermarket, dog walking fields and Pollyfields. The streetlights have not been extended, in either area, past the point where the old 30mph limit ended. Devon County Council has not considered the increased footfall, even though, over the last few years, additional properties have been built in both roads. I am asking for streetlights to be installed for the safety of our residents using these roads.”
17. DALC Meeting – To receive an update from Councillor R Craigie and consider any actions arising.
18. Torridge District Council – To receive an update on Torridge District Council activities by one of the Councillors.
19. To receive an update on Bridge Trust activities by one of the Trustees.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 869 6501 2224
Please note that joining by telephone or mobile may incur charges to the bill owner.
One tap mobile
+442030512874,,86965012224#,,,,*405004# United Kingdom
+442034815237,,86965012224#,,,,*405004# United Kingdom
Dial by your location
+44 203 051 2874 United Kingdom
+44 203 481 5237 United Kingdom
+44 203 481 5240 United Kingdom
+44 203 901 7895 United Kingdom
+44 131 460 1196 United Kingdom
Meeting ID: 869 6501 2224
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kO7Sq3ldd