Town Council Agenda - 12 December 2019
You are hereby summoned to attend a Meeting of Bideford Town Council to be held in the Council Chamber, Town Hall, Bideford, on Thursday 12 December 2019 at 6.30 pm for the purpose of transacting the following business.
In accordance with The Public Bodies (Admissions to Meetings) Act 1960 members of the public are welcome to attend. There is a legal right to film/record/photograph/report public meetings.
Clerk to the Council
1. To accept apologies and reasons for absence.
2. To receive declarations of interest on items on the agenda and note the requests for dispensation received by the Clerk prior to the meeting.
3. Public participation session of 15 minutes duration on items submitted prior to the meeting by Bideford residents, which fall within the scope of the Council’s activities.
4. To approve the minutes of the meeting held on 31 October 2019 as a correct record.
5. Accounts - To approve the payments listed.
6. To receive the verbal report from the County Councillor on issues within the parish.
7. To receive such communications as the Town Mayor / Town Clerk may wish to lay before the Council.
8. Staffing, Finance & General Purposes Committee –
To approve and adopt the minutes of the meeting held on 28 November 2019.
(Minute Numbers 80, 81 and 82, 83, 86 are recommendations).
(The draft Standing Orders, as recommended under Minute number 86 are enclosed)
9. Planning Committee –
a. to approve and adopt the minutes of the meeting held on 20 November 2019.
b. to approve and adopt the minutes of the meeting held on 11 December 2019.
10. Market Management Committee – to approve and adopt the minutes of the meeting held on 5 December 2019.
11. Decarbonisation and Environment Committee –
a. to approve and adopt the minutes of the meeting held on 29 October 2019.
b. to approve and adopt the minutes of the meeting held on 19 November 2019.
12. Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group – to approve and adopt the minutes of the meeting held on 7 November 2019.
(Minute Number 023 is a recommendation).
13. Notice of Motion – Councillor J Craigie
“To install bench and shelter roof by the bus stop on Torrington Lane, near the entrance to Ayres Close. This requires identifying ownership of the retaining wall to seek permission to bolt both bench and shelter roof to it. Suggested shelter and bench appended to this Notice of Motion.”
14. Notice of Motion – Councillor J Craigie
“To support the Friends of Bideford Play Spaces project termed the 'Pollyfield Pirate Ship' in the following ways:
• write a supporting letter to accompany their reaching communities grant application
• provide the £2,750 funding match for the £25,000 land fill tax grant
• encourage members of the public and councillors to engage with the consultation process to choose most suitable nautical themed play equipment for the Pollyfield Park area.”
15. To consider a request from Torridge District Council to pay for the new swings that are to be purchased for the Devonshire Park Play area from the monies ring-fenced by Bideford Town Council for play equipment.
16. To receive the notes from the Town Centre Partnership meeting held on 27 November 2019.
17. DALC Meeting – To receive an update from Councillor Mrs Craigie and consider any actions arising.
18. Taw & Torridge Estuary Forum Meeting – To receive an update from Councillor Johns and consider any actions arising.
19. Torridge District Council – To receive an update on Torridge District Council activities by one of the Councillors.
20. To receive an update on Bridge Trust activities by one of the Trustees.
Prayers will be said by Reverend Andrew Vidimoore in the Council Chamber at 6.20 pm, prior to the start of the meeting. Councillors are invited to participate if they so wish.