Agenda - Town Council Meeting - 23 September 2021
You are hereby summoned to attend a Meeting of Bideford Town Council to be held on Thursday 23 September 2021 at 6.30 pm in the Town Hall for the purpose of transacting the following business.
In accordance with The Public Bodies (Admissions to Meetings) Act 1960 members of the public are welcome to attend. There is a legal right to film/record/photograph/report public meetings.
Clerk to the Council
1. To accept apologies and reasons for absence.
2. To receive declarations of interest on items on the agenda and note the requests for dispensation received by the Clerk prior to the meeting.
3. Public participation session of 15 minutes duration on items submitted prior to the meeting by Bideford residents, which fall within the scope of the Council’s activities.
4. To approve the minutes of the meeting held on 12 August 2021 as a correct record.
5. To approve the payments list.
6. To receive the verbal report from the County Councillor on issues within the parish.
7. Staffing, Finance and General Purposes Committee Meeting - to approve and adopt the minutes of the meeting held on 9 September 2021.
8. Market Management Committee Meeting– to approve and adopt the minutes of the meeting held on 19 August 2021.
9. Planning Committee –
To approve and adopt the Minutes of the Meeting held on 25 August 2021.
To approve and adopt the Minutes of the Meeting held on 15 September 2021.
10. Tourism Committee – to approve and adopt the minutes of the meeting held on 7 September 2021.
11. Allotment Committee – to approve and adopt the minutes of the meeting held on 21 September 2021.
12. Declaration of a Housing Emergency:
a. To receive the response from the District Council.
b. To invite Members to volunteer to form a Working Group to investigate the Toolkit that provides for Community Action on Empty Home and to agree the reporting structure for the Working Group.
13. To consider ideas for the future use of the library.
14. To consider the invitation from the Bideford and District Sea Cadets to nominate a Councillor to join their Board of Trustees.
15. To consider the invitation to nominate a Councillor and staff Member to join the Steering Group of the Barnstaple & Bideford & Northam Local Walking and Cycling Infrastructure plan.
16. Notice of Motion – Councillor J Craigie
“To support the provision of the Air Ambulance Trust Night Landing sites for Bideford East and West.”
17. Torridge District Council – To receive an update on Torridge District Council activities by one of the Councillors.
18. To receive an update on Bridge Trust activities by one of the Trustees.
Date of next Meeting: Thursday 4 November 2021
Members of the Public
In accordance with our Covid Risk Assessment you are required to ensure the following if you are attending this meeting:
• Sanitise your hands on entry to this building using the sanitiser provided
• The Government requests and recommends the continued wearing of face coverings in enclosed spaces.
• Complete a Track & Trace Form or use the NHS QR Code provided.
• Sanitise your hands on entering the meeting room using the sanitiser provided.
• Ensure you are seated away from others