The Calendar of Future Meetings can be viewed on the final page of this section.
Public participation Sessions of 15 minutes are held prior to the start of each public meeting.
For Committee Meetings questions may only be raised on items on the agenda.
For Full Town Council meetings, items which fall within the scope of the Council's activities may be raised by Bideford Residents. Participants will be asked to read the Bideford Town Council Code of Conduct (or available at the meeting), and to complete a pro-forma stating their name and address and item to be raised.
The protocol on the filming and recording of Council and Committee Meetings can be viewed here
Market Management Committee Agenda
You are hereby summoned to attend a meeting of Market Management Committee of the above-named Council to be held in the Council Chamber, Town Hall, Bideford, on Thursday 24 May 2018 at 6.30 pm for the purpose of transacting the following business.
In accordance with The Public Bodies (Admissions to Meetings) Act 1960 members of the public are welcome to attend. There is a legal right to film/record/photograph/report public meetings.
Clerk to the Council
1. To Elect a Chairman.
2. To Elect a Deputy Chairman.
3. To receive apologies and reasons for absence.
4. To receive declarations of interest on items on the agenda and note any requests for dispensation received by the Clerk prior to the meeting.
5. Public participation session of 15 minutes duration on items on the agenda.
6. To approve the minutes of the Meeting held on 12 April 2018 as a correct record.
7. Matters Arising.
8. Accounts - To approve the payments listed.
9. Chairman’s / Market Administrator’s Report.
10. To be advised that the Council has resolved to install Solar PV panels on the Market Hall roof.
11. To receive reports from the Committee Traders / Tenants.
12. To confirm election of the Market representatives.
13. To receive information on Energy Performance Certification and resolve accordingly.
14. To receive an inspection report in relation to Unit 9 Butchers Row and resolve accordingly.
15. To receive information from Wales & West Utilities regarding the secondary gas meter that serves the Café / kitchen and resolve accordingly.
16. To give direction on (upstairs) access doors leading from Market Hall to Butchers Row and resolve accordingly.
17. To receive an update on the trees outside the Pannier Market and resolve upon any action to be taken.
18. To consider the merit of a Pannier Market leaflet, the logistics of design and distribution, and resolve upon any action to be taken.
19. To consider and resolve upon disabled ramp access to the Market Hall Studio Units.
20. To confirm a visit to the Tavistock Market.
21. PART II (Closed Session)
22. Chairman’s Report - confidential matters.
23. To consider terminations of tenant / trader leases, applications received for tenancies of premises and confirm rent level.
24. To receive an update on rent and resolve upon action to be taken.
MARKET MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE
Councillors: D G Brenton (Chairman), D Bushby (Town Mayor), Mrs R Craigie, J McKenzie, T Johns, R I Wootton
Market Hall: Mrs J Fisher, Ms M Sparkes
Butchers Row: Mr N Morgan
Market Street Shops: M A Bailey
Date of Next Meeting: 21 June 2018
The Council has ring fenced £20,000.00 towards installing Solar PV panels on a Market Hall roof. Quotations are being obtained. The Landlord’s approval, they have expressed support in the past, planning and listed building consent will need to be obtained. Currently the building is VAT exempt. The VAT implications will need to be considered. The Council by generating and selling on electricity will have to register and collect VAT for the service it provides. Potentially VAT could be placed on all Council provided services including rental payments. This may result in a casual stall of £5.10 becoming £6.12, a monthly stall of three days or more, currently £35.70 becoming £42.84 and a single unit in Butchers Row (£102.00) becoming £122.40. This does need to be ascertained.