Allotments Committee Agenda - 28 May 2019
You are hereby summoned to attend a meeting of the Allotments Committee of the above-named Council to be held in the Council Chamber, Town Hall, Bideford on Tuesday 28 May 2019 at 6.00 pm for the purpose of transacting the following business.
In accordance with The Public Bodies (Admissions to Meetings) Act 1960 members of the public are welcome to attend this Meeting. There is a legal right to film/record/photograph/report public meetings.
H J Blackburn
Clerk to the Council
1. Elect a Chairman.
2. Elect a Deputy Chairman.
3. To receive apologies and reasons for absence.
4. To receive declarations of interest on items on the agenda and note any requests for dispensation received by the Clerk prior to the meeting.
5. Public participation session of 15 minutes duration on items on the agenda.
6. To approve the Minutes of the Meeting held on 27 September 2018 as a correct record.
7. To note the date of the Inter Site Challenge: 20 June 2019 and re-consider the Resolution made regarding the overall trophy and commendations winners’ non-participation in the subsequent Challenge; resolve where necessary.
8. Marland site. Update: (Committee Members from Marland will be in attendance.)
9. Handy Cross. Update: (Committee Members from Handy Cross will be inattendance.)
10. Pollyfield Site. Update.
11. Tricks Site. Update.
Councillors: J Craigie, Mrs R Craige (Deputy Town Mayor), Mrs J Gubb, C Hawkins, J Herron, P Lawrence
Pollyfield: Mrs J Carter, Mr A Mitchell
Tricks: Mr K Jackson, Mr S Long
Report: Item 7
Inter Site Challenge
Item 7.a. from the Minutes of the Allotment Meeting held on 27 September 2018 where it was RESOLVED: That
a. the winner of the best overall plot and those that received commendations would not be considered / judged in the immediate, following year’s challenge. They would, though be eligible the year after their non-participation.
Vote: For: 7, Against: 0