Market Management Committee Agenda - 23 May 2019
You are hereby summoned to attend a meeting of Market Management Committee of the above-named Council to be held in the Council Chamber, Town Hall, Bideford, on Thursday 23 May 2019 at 6.30 pm for the purpose of transacting the following business.
In accordance with The Public Bodies (Admissions to Meetings) Act 1960 members of the public are welcome to attend. There is a legal right to film/record/photograph/report public meetings.
Clerk to the Council
1. To Elect a Chairman
2. To Elect a Deputy Chairman
3. To receive apologies and reasons for absence.
4. To receive declarations of interest on items on the agenda and note any requests for dispensation received by the Clerk prior to the meeting.
5. Public participation session of 15 minutes duration on items on the agenda.
6. To approve the minutes of the Meeting held on 11 April 2019 as a correct record.
7. Accounts - To approve the payments listed.
8. Chairman’s / Market Administrator’s Report.
9. To receive a presentation from the Torridge Arts and Crafts Group including discussion on conditions that will enable them to continue to operate within the Market Hall and resolve accordingly.
10. To consider and resolve upon the “pop up” “stairwell gallery” where paintings have been displayed at the side of the stairs leading from Butcher’s Row to the Market Hall.
11. To confirm the representative attending the NABMA Annual Conference to be held in Stratford Upon Avon between 22 and 24 September 2019.
12. To confirm election of the Market representatives.
13. To authorise the Market Administrator and Chairman delegated powers to obtain office equipment to enhance the Market Office to support the work of the Development Officer.
14. Development Working Group. To receive an update.
15. Social Media: Facebook / Twitter. To receive information on training provision, demand / take up from tenants / traders, their agreement to matched funding and resolve accordingly.
16. To receive reports from the Committee Traders / Tenants.
17. PART II (Closed Session)
18. Chairman’s Report - confidential matters.
19. To receive any terminations of leases by tenants / traders and give consideration to applications received for tenancies of premises and confirm rent level.
MARKET MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE
Councillors: Mrs Corfe, J Craigie, Hawkins, Mrs Hellyer, McKenzie, Wootton
Market Hall: Mrs B De Noronha
Butchers Row: Mr M Dendle
Date of Next Meeting: 20 June 2019