The Calendar of Future Meetings can be viewed on the final page of this section.
Public participation Sessions of 15 minutes are held prior to the start of each public meeting.
For Committee Meetings questions may only be raised on items on the agenda.
For Full Town Council meetings, items which fall within the scope of the Council's activities may be raised by Bideford Residents. Participants will be asked to read the Bideford Town Council Code of Conduct (or available at the meeting), and to complete a pro-forma stating their name and address and item to be raised.
The protocol on the filming and recording of Council and Committee Meetings can be viewed here
Town Council Agenda - 5 March 2020
You are hereby summoned to attend a Meeting of Bideford Town Council to be held in the Council Chamber, Town Hall, Bideford, on Thursday 5 March 2020 at 6.30 pm for the purpose of transacting the following business.
In accordance with The Public Bodies (Admissions to Meetings) Act 1960 members of the public are welcome to attend. There is a legal right to film/record/photograph/report public meetings.
Clerk to the Council
1. To accept apologies and reasons for absence.
2. To receive declarations of interest on items on the agenda and note the requests for dispensation received by the Clerk prior to the meeting.
3. Public participation session of 15 minutes duration on items submitted prior to the meeting by Bideford residents, which fall within the scope of the Council’s activities.
4. To approve the minutes of the meeting held on 23 January 2020 as a correct record.
5. Accounts - To approve the payments listed.
6. To receive an update from the Onion Collective on the information gathered from different sectors and groups within our community in support of the Future High Streets bid for Bideford.
7. To receive the written report from the County Councillor on issues within the parish.
8. To receive such communications as the Town Mayor / Town Clerk may wish to lay before the Council.
9. To consider whether it would be prudent to move the date of the Town Council meeting scheduled for Thursday 7 May 2020 to Thursday 14 May 2020 in the light of the VE Day Celebrations to be held on the 8 May 2020, and the firm commitment required from the Mayor of the Day for the events planned for 8 May 2020.
10. Staffing, Finance & General Purposes Committee- to approve and adopt the minutes of the meeting held on
a. 13 February 2020 (Minute No 116 e. is a recommendation)
b. 20 February 2020 (Grants) (Minute No 129 is a recommendation)
11. Planning Committee – to approve and adopt the minutes of the meeting held on:
a. 29 January 2020.
b. 19 February 2020
12. Market Committee - to approve and adopt the minutes of the meeting held on 27 February 2020.
13. Tourism Committee - to approve and adopt the minutes of the meeting held on 28 January 2020.
14. Decarbonisation and Environment Committee – to approve and adopt the minutes of the meeting held on 11 February 2020.
15. Neighborhood Plan meeting Committee – to approve and adopt the minutes of the meeting held on 26 February 2020.
16. To consider the request by the Twinning Association to hold the Landivisiau Reception on Saturday, 30 May 2020 at 10.30 a.m. in the Pannier Market.
17. To consider the request by the Burton at Bideford to borrow The fisherman, pen and ink drawing by Sandercock which is currently housed in the Mayor’s Parlour for an exhibition.
18. To consider the correspondence from Devon County Council regarding proposed dates for proposed street works and respond accordingly.
19. To receive the notes from the Town Centre Partnership meeting held on 22 January 2020.
20. DALC Meeting – To receive an update from Councillor Mrs Craigie and consider any actions arising.
21. Taw & Torridge Estuary Forum Meeting – To receive an update from Councillor Johns and consider any actions arising.
22. Torridge District Council – To receive an update on Torridge District Council activities by one of the Councillors.
23 To receive an update on Bridge Trust activities by one of the Trustees.
Prayers will be said by Pastor John Kidd from the Eldership team, Appledore Baptist Church in the Council Chamber at 6.20 pm, prior to the start of the meeting. Councillors are invited to participate if they so wish.
Report – Agenda item 17.
Request from the Exhibitions & Collections Manager, Burton at Bideford
Please would it be possible to borrow The fisherman, pen and ink drawing. It would be shown alongside 20+ Henry Ardmore Sandercock paintings and sketches we have in our archive which have not been seen before. These are in the process of being framed for the forth coming exhibition. Alongside these works will also be a number of unframed works I am borrowing from North Devon Athenaeum.
The dates for the exhibition are: March 14 – May 4 2020
If you are in agreement for The Burton at Bideford to borrow this picture to be part of the exhibition. I would personally like to collect it from you before the exhibition and transport it back to the gallery. Insurance would be in place from the moment I collect to the moment it returns alongside the relevant paperwork.
I hope you agree to this loan, as this will be a great opportunity to showcase and celebrate Henry Sandercock paintings and illustrations as part of the The Burton Exhibition Programme.
Timetable for Council Meetings and Events 2019 - 2020
NOTE: The Planning Meeting scheduled to take place on Wednesday 17 July 2019 will commence at 6.30 pm and not 6.00 pm