The Calendar of Future Meetings can be viewed on the final page of this section.
Public participation Sessions of 15 minutes are held prior to the start of each public meeting.
For Committee Meetings questions may only be raised on items on the agenda.
For Full Town Council meetings, items which fall within the scope of the Council's activities may be raised by Bideford Residents. Participants will be asked to read the Bideford Town Council Code of Conduct (or available at the meeting), and to complete a pro-forma stating their name and address and item to be raised.
The protocol on the filming and recording of Council and Committee Meetings can be viewed here
Town Council Agenda - 24 January 2019
You are hereby summoned to attend a Meeting of Bideford Town Council to be held in the Council Chamber, Town Hall, Bideford, on Thursday 24 January 2019 at 6.30 pm for the purpose of transacting the following business.
In accordance with The Public Bodies (Admissions to Meetings) Act 1960 members of the public are welcome to attend. There is a legal right to film/record/photograph/report public meetings.
Clerk to the Council
1. To accept apologies and reasons for absence.
2. To receive declarations of interest on items on the agenda and note the requests for dispensation received by the Clerk prior to the meeting.
3. Public participation session of 15 minutes duration on items submitted prior to the meeting by Bideford residents, which fall within the scope of the Council’s activities.
4. To approve the minutes of the meeting held on 13 December 2018 as a correct record.
5. Accounts - To approve the payments listed.
6. To receive the report from the Police on issues within the parish.
7. To receive the report from the County Councillor on issues within the parish.
8. To receive such communications as the Town Mayor / Town Clerk may wish to lay before the Council.
9. Staffing, Finance & General Purposes Committee- to approve and adopt the minutes of the meeting held on 10 January 2019
(Minute Nos 086 and 091 (Precept) are recommendations)
10. Planning Committee – to approve and adopt the minutes of the meeting held on 09 January 2019.
11. Market Committee - to approve and adopt the minutes of the meeting held on 17 January 2019.
12. Tourism Committee - to approve and adopt the minutes of the meeting held on 18 December 2018.
13. Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group – to approve and adopt the minutes of the meeting held on 12 December 2018.
(Minute Number is a recommendation).
14. To give consideration to participating in the Fly a flag for the Commonwealth Day on 11 March 2019.
15. Notice of Motion – Councillor J McKenzie
Regeneration of the Pannier Market through the employment of Market Development Officer.
We would like to ask for an in-principle funding commitment of £12,000 to facilitate the initiation of this project, for the first year.
16. To receive the notes from the Town Centre Partnership meeting held on Wednesday 9 January 2019.
17. DALC Meeting – To receive an update from Councillor Brenton and consider any actions arising.
18. Taw & Torridge Estuary Forum Meeting – To receive an update from Councillor Johns and consider any actions arising.
19. Torridge District Council – To receive an update on Torridge District Council activities by one of the Councillors.
19. To receive an update on Bridge Trust activities by one of the Trustees.
Reflective silence will be held by Jacqui Poole of the Quakers at 6.20 pm prior to the Town Council meeting. Councillors are invited to participate if they so wish.