The Calendar of Future Meetings can be viewed on the final page of this section.
Public participation Sessions of 15 minutes are held prior to the start of each public meeting.
For Committee Meetings questions may only be raised on items on the agenda.
For Full Town Council meetings, items which fall within the scope of the Council's activities may be raised by Bideford Residents. Participants will be asked to read the Bideford Town Council Code of Conduct (or available at the meeting), and to complete a pro-forma stating their name and address and item to be raised.
The protocol on the filming and recording of Council and Committee Meetings can be viewed here
Town Council Agenda - 23 January 2020
You are hereby summoned to attend a Meeting of Bideford Town Council to be held in the Council Chamber, Town Hall, Bideford, on Thursday 23 January 2020 at 6.30 pm for the purpose of transacting the following business.
In accordance with The Public Bodies (Admissions to Meetings) Act 1960 members of the public are welcome to attend. There is a legal right to film/record/photograph/report public meetings.
Clerk to the Council
1. To accept apologies and reasons for absence.
2. To receive declarations of interest on items on the agenda and note the requests for dispensation received by the Clerk prior to the meeting.
3. Public participation session of 15 minutes duration on items submitted prior to the meeting by Bideford residents, which fall within the scope of the Council’s activities.
4. To approve the minutes of the meeting held on 12 December 2019 as a correct record.
5. Accounts - To approve the payments listed.
6. To receive the verbal report from the Police on issues within the parish.
7. To receive the verbal report from the County Councillor on issues within the parish.
8. To receive such communications as the Town Mayor / Town Clerk may wish to lay before the Council.
9. Staffing, Finance & General Purposes Committee - to approve and adopt the minutes of the meeting held on 09 January 2020
(Minute Nos 097, 100, 101, 106, 107 (Precept) are recommendations)
10. Planning Committee – to approve and adopt the minutes of the meeting held on 08 January 2020.
11. Market Committee - to approve and adopt the minutes of the meeting held on 16 January 2020.
12. Tourism Committee - to approve and adopt the minutes of the meeting held on 17 December 2019.
13. Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group – to approve and adopt the minutes of the meeting held on 8 January 2020.
14. To receive the comments and Review received from Members of the Public on the Firework displays held during the Christmas Light switch-on and New Year’s Eve celebrations, and consider whether the conditions requested by Council were successful and whether future grants for spend on public firework displays should carry the same conditions. Encl.
15. Buckingham Palace Garden Party: 27 May 2020 - To nominate a representative whose name will be put forward for inclusion in the ballot.
16. To receive the resignation of Councillor Herron from the Future High Street Fund Steering Group and nominate a replacement. **
17. To give consideration to participating in the Fly a Flag for the Commonwealth Day on Monday 9 March 2020.
18. DALC Meeting – To receive an update from Councillor R Craigie and consider any actions arising.
19. Taw & Torridge Estuary Forum Meeting – To receive an update from Councillor Johns and consider any actions arising.
20. Torridge District Council – To receive an update on Torridge District Council activities by one of the Councillors.
21. To receive an update on Bridge Trust activities by one of the Trustees.
Report – Agenda item 14:
Recommendations made by SFGP on 13 June 2019 and ratified by Full Council:
RECOMMENDED: That the firework display organisers use an area at Pollyfield to be identified or preferably an area at Round Hill, East-the-Water, if that is available. Furthermore, it is a condition of funding that the least noisy fireworks possible are deployed at all times, with a maximum level of 120db. Excessively loud thunder flash type fireworks are not to be used at any time. This is as good a compromise as possible to provide both a firework display whilst doing everything that is reasonably feasible to avoid disturbing roosting birds, or indeed any other animals or wildlife.
(Vote: For: 8, Against: 1)
** Future High Street Fund Steering Group Meetings are held during Office Hours.
Prayers will be taken by Reverend Kevin Beer, St Mary’s Church (outlying Parishes) at 6.20 pm prior to the Town Council meeting. Councillors are invited to participate if they so wish.