Tourism Committee Agenda - 28 January 2020
You are hereby summoned to attend a meeting of the Tourism Committee of the above-named Council to be held in the Council Chamber, Town Hall, Bideford, on Tuesday 28th January 2020 at 6.00 pm for the purpose of transacting the following business.
In accordance with The Public Bodies (Admissions to Meetings) Act 1960 members of the public are welcome to attend this Meeting. There is a legal right to film/record/photograph/report public meetings.
Clerk to the Council
1. To receive apologies and reasons for absence.
2. To receive declarations of interest on items on the agenda and note any requests for dispensation received by the Clerk prior to the meeting.
3. Public participation session of 15 minutes duration on items on the agenda.
4. To approve the minutes of the meeting held on Tuesday 17th December 2019 as a correct record.
5. To receive an update on events in the Borough of Northam
6. To receive an update on Bideford Fair 2020 progress and, if appropriate, recommend to Council any actions required.
7. To receive an update on the Cream Tea Event launch and, if appropriate, recommend to Council any actions required.
8. To receive an update on actions so far and discuss progress of the VE 75th celebrations and, if appropriate, recommend to Council any actions required.
9. To receive an update on Up Close Theatre and plans to go forward with future performances in the Town Hall, and recommend to Council, if appropriate, any actions required.
10. To discuss a Buskers Day in Bideford and. if appropriate, recommend to Council any actions required.
11. To openly discuss ideas and projects for the Tourism Committee to progress and, if appropriate, recommend to Council any actions required.
12. Date of the next meeting will be Tuesday 10 March 2020 at 6pm.
MEMBERS OF THE TOURISM COMMITTEE
Councillors: D Bushby, Mrs K Corfe, B Edwards (NTC), Mrs J Gubb (Chairman), C Hawkins, P Lawrence, Mrs S Langford
(Please note, all the agenda items read: to give consideration to recommending……., as this Committee doesn’t have delegated authority and all outcomes will be recommendations to Full Council)