The Calendar of Future Meetings can be viewed on the final page of this section.
Public participation Sessions of 15 minutes are held prior to the start of each public meeting.
For Committee Meetings questions may only be raised on items on the agenda.
For Full Town Council meetings, items which fall within the scope of the Council's activities may be raised by Bideford Residents. Participants will be asked to read the Bideford Town Council Code of Conduct (or available at the meeting), and to complete a pro-forma stating their name and address and item to be raised.
The protocol on the filming and recording of Council and Committee Meetings can be viewed here
Staffing, Finance & General Purposes Committee Agenda - 17 October 2019
You are hereby summoned to attend a meeting of the Staffing, Finance & General Purposes Committee of the above-named Council to be held in the Council Chamber, Town Hall, Bideford, on Thursday 17 October 2019 at 6.30 pm for the purpose of transacting the following business.
In accordance with The Public Bodies (Admissions to Meetings) Act 1960 members of the public are welcome to attend this Meeting. There is a legal right to film/record/photograph/report public meetings.
Clerk to the Council
1. To receive apologies and reasons for absence
2. To receive declarations of interest on items on the agenda and note any requests for dispensation received by the Clerk prior to the meeting.
3. Public participation session of 15 minutes duration on items on the agenda.
4. To approve the minutes of the meeting held on Thursday 5 September 2019 as a correct record.
5. Items brought forward by the Chairman.
6. Accounts - to approve the payments listed.
7. To receive and resolve upon the actions to be taken on the Manor Court Presentments 2019.
8. To receive the fixed price quotations for the plants required for the Town planters and select a supplier.
9. To consider the storage of the Bideford Bowl.
10. To Review the honorariums payable to the Town Council Civic Officers.
11. To receive feedback from Northam Town Council on whether to share a Community Warden, and to agree the next steps.
12. To consider and respond to a proposal from the TDC Economic Development Officer regarding a funding proposal for the Postcode Gardener.
13. VE Day participation - to further consider the Council’s involvement and make a recommendation to Council.
14. Maintenance Operatives –
To receive an update on the tasks undertaken by the Maintenance Operatives.
PART II (Closed Session)
15. Staffing Matters
The next meeting of the Staffing, Finance & General Purposes Committee will be held on Thursday 28 November 2019.
MEMBERS OF THE STAFFING, FINANCE & GENERAL PURPOSES COMMITTEE
Councillors D Bushby, P Christie, Mrs R Craigie, Mrs J Gubb, Mrs L Hellyer, D McGeough, J McKenzie, D Ratcliff, R Wootton.
Timetable for Council Meetings and Events 2019 - 2020
NOTE: The Planning Meeting scheduled to take place on Wednesday 17 July 2019 will commence at 6.30 pm and not 6.00 pm