Market Management Committee Agenda - 20 June 2019
You are hereby summoned to attend a meeting of Market Management Committee of the above-named Council to be held in the Council Chamber, Town Hall, Bideford, on Thursday 20 June 2019 at 6.30 pm for the purpose of transacting the following business.
In accordance with The Public Bodies (Admissions to Meetings) Act 1960 members of the public are welcome to attend. There is a legal right to film/record/photograph/report public meetings.
for Heather Blackburn
Clerk to the Council
1. To receive apologies and reasons for absence.
2. To receive declarations of interest on items on the agenda and note any requests for dispensation received by the Clerk prior to the meeting.
3. Public participation session of 15 minutes duration on items on the agenda.
4. To approve the minutes of the Meeting held on 23 May 2019 as a correct record.
5. Accounts - To approve the payments listed.
6. Chairman’s / Market Administrator’s Report.
7. To receive Listed Building Consent for the Inner Doors and discuss the costings that will be required from Council to support the installation.
8. Development Working Group. To receive an update.
9. Social Media: Facebook / Twitter. To receive information on training provision, demand / take up from tenants / traders, their agreement to matched funding and resolve accordingly.
10. To receive reports from the Committee Traders / Tenants.
11. PART II (Closed Session)
12. Chairman’s Report - confidential matters.
13. To receive any terminations of leases by tenants / traders and give consideration to applications received for tenancies of premises and confirm rent level.
MARKET MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE
Councillors: Mrs Corfe, J Craigie, Hawkins, Mrs Hellyer, McKenzie, Wootton
Date of Next Meeting: 1 August 2019
The Draft Budget 2019/2020 Recommendation from the Committee (13 September 2018 and approved by Council 20 September 2018) stated that the Reserves will be drawn upon to fund the Inner Door Project. That where necessary the Council extend support to the Market Project.
The Enclosed Expenditure against Budget gives detail on the present day financial position of the Market account and factors in future (anticipated) costs, including the Development Officer, that will necessitate drawing from reserved funds and approaching Council to support delivery of the Inner Door Project.