The Calendar of Future Meetings can be viewed below.
Public participation Sessions of 15 minutes are held prior to the start of each public meeting.
For Committee Meetings questions may only be raised on items on the agenda.
For Full Town Council meetings, items which fall within the scope of the Council's activities may be raised by Bideford Residents. Participants will be asked to read the Bideford Town Council Code of Conduct (or available at the meeting), and to complete a pro-forma stating their name and address and item to be raised.
The protocol on the filming and recording of Council and Committee Meetings can be viewed here
TIMETABLE FOR COUNCIL MEETINGS AND EVENTS FOR 2021-2022
From 7th May 2021, all meetings will be held face-to-face. Please read the below if it is your intention to attend a meeting.
In accordance with our Covid Risk Assessment you are required to ensure the following if are attending any meeting:
Sanitise your hands on entry to this building using the sanitiser provided
Wear a face covering at all times unless you carry an Exemption card
Complete a Track & Trace Form or use the NHS QR Code provided
Sanitise your hands on entering the meeting room using the sanitiser provided.
- Ensure you are seated away from others
Agenda - Staffing, Finance and General Purposes Committee Meeting - 29 July 2021
You are hereby summoned to attend a meeting of the Staffing, Finance & General Purposes Committee of the above-named Council to be held in Town Hall, Bideford, on Thursday 29 July 2021 at 6.30 pm for the purpose of transacting the following business.
In accordance with The Public Bodies (Admissions to Meetings) Act 1960 members of the public are welcome to attend this Meeting. There is a legal right to film/record/photograph/report public meetings.
Clerk to the Council
1. To receive apologies and reasons for absence.
2. To receive declarations of interest on items on the agenda and note any requests for dispensation received by the Clerk prior to the meeting.
3. Public participation session of 15 minutes duration on items on the agenda.
4. To approve the minutes of the meeting held on Thursday 10 June 2021 as a correct record.
5. Items brought forward by the Chairman.
6. Accounts - To approve the payments listed.
7. Accounts - To receive and approve the Internal Auditor’s Report - Records as at 30 June 2021.
8. To consider the quotations received to prepare the legal agreement for the Pollyfield Path and to give consideration to the conditions contained within.
9. To consider and approve the costs associated with the extension of the Festoon lighting, previously agreed by Full Council.
10. To consider the quotations received for the replacement of the damaged (and now removed) catenary support column outside Bridge buildings on Bideford Quay.
11. Notice of Motion, Councillor D Bushby:
“The purchase of land and associated build costs to construct a depot for use by the Maintenance Team.”
12. To consider the renewal of the Postcode Gardener (self-employed) contract for a further year, on the same basis as previously. This position is grant funded.
13. Maintenance Operatives –
To receive an update on the tasks undertaken by the Maintenance Operatives.
The next meeting of the Staffing, Finance & General Purposes Committee will be held on Thursday 9 September 2021.
MEMBERS OF THE STAFFING, FINANCE & GENERAL PURPOSES COMMITTEE
Councillors D Bushby, P Christie, Mrs K Corfe, Mrs R Craigie, Mrs J Gubb, P Lawrence, D McGeough, J McKenzie, D Ratcliff,
MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC
In accordance with our Covid Risk Assessment and as the Government expects and recommends the continued wearing of face coverings in enclosed spaces, we would ask that you respect your fellow attendees:
• Sanitise your hands on entry to this building using the sanitiser provided
• Complete a Track & Trace Form or use the NHS QR Code provided
• Sanitise your hands on entering the meeting room using the sanitiser provided.
• Ensure you are seated away from others