The Calendar of Future Meetings can be viewed on the final page of this section.
Public participation Sessions of 15 minutes are held prior to the start of each public meeting.
For Committee Meetings questions may only be raised on items on the agenda.
For Full Town Council meetings, items which fall within the scope of the Council's activities may be raised by Bideford Residents. Participants will be asked to read the Bideford Town Council Code of Conduct (or available at the meeting), and to complete a pro-forma stating their name and address and item to be raised.
The protocol on the filming and recording of Council and Committee Meetings can be viewed here
Town Council Agenda - 8 August 2019
You are hereby summoned to attend a Meeting of Bideford Town Council to be held in the Council Chamber, Town Hall, Bideford, on Thursday 08 August 2019 at 6.30 pm for the purpose of transacting the following business.
In accordance with The Public Bodies (Admissions to Meetings) Act 1960 members of the public are welcome to attend. There is a legal right to film/record/photograph/report public meetings.
Clerk to the Council
1. To accept apologies and reasons for absence.
2. To receive declarations of interest on items on the agenda and note the requests for dispensation received by the Clerk prior to the meeting.
3. Public participation session of 15 minutes duration on items submitted prior to the meeting by Bideford residents, which fall within the scope of the Council’s activities.
4. To approve the minutes of the meeting held on 27 June 2019 as a correct record.
a. To approve the payments listed.
b. To receive a copy of the external auditors certificate and opinion 2018/19.
6. To receive the report from the County Councillor on issues within the parish.
7. To receive such communications as the Town Mayor / Town Clerk may wish to lay before the Council.
8. Market Management Committee - to approve and adopt the minutes of the meeting held on 1 August 2019.
9. Planning Committee –
a. to approve and adopt the minutes of the meeting held on 17th July 2019
b. to approve and adopt the minutes of the meeting held on 7th August 2019
10. Tourism Committee - to approve and adopt the minutes of the meeting held on 23 July 2019 (All items are recommendations).
11. Staffing, Finance & General Purposes Committee - to approve and adopt the minutes of the meeting held on 25 July 2019. (Minute Number 26 is a recommendation).
12. Neighbourhood plan – to approve and adopt the minutes of the meeting held on 11 July 2019 (All items are recommendations).
13. Notice of Motion – Councillor James Craigie:
“That the Town Council writes to Westward Housing, Torridge District Council and 146 to 154 Churchill Road (evens) to establish if there are any objections to the Town Council creating an entrance to Pollyfield park via the carpark to the rear of houses 146 to 154 Churchill Road (evens), and associated disability access ramp. ”
14. Notice of Motion – Councillor James Craigie:
“To establish a Community Woodland Committee to manage Ford Woodland and liaise with owners/managers of publicly accessible woodlands in Bideford Parish to reduce maintenance costs.”
15. Notice of Motion – Councillor James Craigie:
“To establish a test of wildlife verges in line with proposals on accompanying report and organise a consultation event for residents of Bideford to provide feedback on the wildlife verges.”
16. To receive the notes from the Town Centre Partnership meeting held on 10th July 2019.
17. DALC Meeting – To receive an update from Councillor Mrs Craigie and consider any actions arising.
18. Taw & Torridge Estuary Forum Meeting – To receive an update from Councillor Johns and consider any actions arising.
19. Torridge District Council – To receive an update on Torridge District Council activities by one of the Councillors.
20. To receive an update on Bridge Trust activities by one of the Trustees.
Prayers will be said by Reverend Alan Glover from St Mary’s Church in the Council Chamber at 6.20 pm, prior to the start of the meeting. Councillors are invited to participate if they so wish.