The Calendar of Future Meetings can be viewed on the final page of this section.
Public participation Sessions of 15 minutes are held prior to the start of each public meeting.
For Committee Meetings questions may only be raised on items on the agenda.
For Full Town Council meetings, items which fall within the scope of the Council's activities may be raised by Bideford Residents. Participants will be asked to read the Bideford Town Council Code of Conduct (or available at the meeting), and to complete a pro-forma stating their name and address and item to be raised.
The protocol on the filming and recording of Council and Committee Meetings can be viewed here
Market Management Committee Meeting - Thursday 28 February 2019
You are hereby summoned to attend a meeting of Market Management Committee of the above-named Council to be held in the Council Chamber, Town Hall, Bideford, on Thursday 28 February 2019 at 6.30 pm for the purpose of transacting the following business.
In accordance with The Public Bodies (Admissions to Meetings) Act 1960 members of the public are welcome to attend. There is a legal right to film/record/photograph/report public meetings.
Clerk to the Council
1. To receive apologies and reasons for absence.
2. To receive declarations of interest on items on the agenda and note any requests for dispensation received by the Clerk prior to the meeting.
3. Public participation session of 15 minutes duration on items on the agenda.
4. To approve the minutes of the Meeting held on 17 January 2019 as a correct record.
5. Matters Arising.
6. Accounts - To approve the payments listed.
7. Chairman’s / Market Administrator’s Report.
8. To consider and resolve upon request to Hire Pannier Market Hall on 31 May 2020 for Pentecostal Sunday Service.
9. a. To receive a presentation on the Trader led initiative shuttle bus.
b. To consider and resolve upon funding support, for the shuttle bus, for the period 1 April 2019 – 31 March 2020.
10. To consider and resolve upon installing a defibrillator in the Market.
11. To review the Winter trading schedule and resolve accordingly.
12. To receive an update on the stairlift proposal and resolve accordingly.
13. To receive a report on Market free Wi-Fi provision and resolve accordingly.
14. Development Working Group.
a. To receive an update.
b. To consider and resolve upon recruiting / advertising for new traders, offering encouraging benefits. Getting the message (Market open for business) to the (local) public.
c. To receive an update on the Bideford application for coach friendly status.
15. Social Media: Facebook / Twitter. To receive information on training provision and resolve accordingly.
16. To receive reports from the Committee Traders / Tenants.
17. PART II (Closed Session)
18. Update on tenant public liability insurance certificate request and resolve accordingly.
19. To consider and resolve upon quotations for Butcher’s Row Shop Unit frontage and lintel repair works.
20. To consider and resolve upon quotation for installing L.E.D lights in the Market Hall and Butcher’s Row.
21. Chairman’s Report - confidential matters.
22. To receive an update on rent and resolve upon action to be taken.
MARKET MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE
Councillors: D G Brenton (Chairman), D Bushby (Town Mayor), Mrs R Craigie, J McKenzie, T Johns, R I Wootton
Traders/Tenants: Market Hall: Mrs B De Noronha
Butchers Row: Mr M Dendle
Date of Next Meeting: 11 April 2019