The Calendar of Future Meetings can be viewed on the final page of this section.
Public participation Sessions of 15 minutes are held prior to the start of each public meeting.
For Committee Meetings questions may only be raised on items on the agenda.
For Full Town Council meetings, items which fall within the scope of the Council's activities may be raised by Bideford Residents. Participants will be asked to read the Bideford Town Council Code of Conduct (or available at the meeting), and to complete a pro-forma stating their name and address and item to be raised.
The protocol on the filming and recording of Council and Committee Meetings can be viewed here
Staffing, Finance & General Purposes Committee Meeting Agenda - 21 February 2019
You are hereby summoned to attend a meeting of the Staffing, Finance & General Purposes Committee of the above-named Council to be held in the Council Chamber, Town Hall, Bideford, on Thursday 21 February 2019 at 6.30 pm for the purpose of transacting the following business.
In accordance with The Public Bodies (Admissions to Meetings) Act 1960 members of the public are welcome to attend this Meeting. There is a legal right to film/record/photograph/report public meetings.
Clerk to the Council
1. To receive apologies and reasons for absence
2. To receive declarations of interest on items on the agenda and note any requests for dispensation received by the Clerk prior to the meeting.
3. Public participation session of 15 minutes duration on items on the agenda.
4. To approve the minutes of the meeting held on Thursday 10 January 2019 as a correct record.
5. Items brought forward by the Chairman.
6. a. To approve the payments listed.
b. To receive and approve the Internal Finance Inspector’s Report for the period 1 October to 31 December 2018.
c. To consider and approve the Council’s Statement of Internal Control.
d. To consider and approve the Council’s Risk Management Paper.
e. To review the Financial Regulations.
7. To consider the request for a grant from 3 students at Bideford College towards a trip to Uganda in association with Bideford College’s primary charity Edukid.
8. To receive and resolve upon the actions to be taken on the Manor Court Presentments 2019.
9. To receive correspondence from a Member of the Public suggesting coloured Christmas tree lights in Jubilee Square, and agree a response.
10. Mill Street Bollards – to consider whether the Maintenance Team are in a position to put the bollards up and take them down (when practical), as they are currently unmanned and causing traffic issues in Mill Street.
11. To consider requesting that the unkempt vegetation leading down to the river on New Road (opposite Ford Rise) is tidied up as part of the 10 x greener project.
12. Bowden Green Play Park (Item raised at Town Council)
To consider writing to Torridge District Council/Westward Housing, requesting that the Bowden Green play area remains as a play park, is not used for development, and that the play equipment that was previously removed is reinstated.
13. To give consideration to an email received from Westward Housing regarding the play area at Stucley road and recommend a response to Council.
14. To receive the fixed price quotations for the work required at Ford Woodland and select a contractor.
15. To receive an update from the “Future High Street fund” working group and consider any actions required.
16. Notice of Motion : Submission by Councillor D Bushby
To progress the employment of a part-time Community Warden to work within the Bideford area. The position could possibly be shared with Northam Town Council.
17. To receive an update on the tasks undertaken by the Maintenance Operatives.
PART II (Closed Session)
18. Staffing Matters.
The next meeting of the Staffing, Finance & General Purposes Committee will be held on Thursday 28 March 2019.
MEMBERS OF THE STAFFING, FINANCE & GENERAL PURPOSES COMMITTEE
Councillors D Brenton, D Bushby, P Christie, D Howell, S Inch, M Langmead, D McGeough, P Pester, R Wootton