Tourism Committee Agenda - 22 October 2019
You are hereby summoned to attend a meeting of the Tourism Committee of the above-named Council to be held in the Council Chamber, Town Hall, Bideford, on Tuesday 22nd October 2019 at 6.00 pm for the purpose of transacting the following business.
In accordance with The Public Bodies (Admissions to Meetings) Act 1960 members of the public are welcome to attend this Meeting. There is a legal right to film/record/photograph/report public meetings.
1. To receive apologies and reasons for absence.
2. To receive declarations of interest on items on the agenda and note any requests for dispensation received by the Clerk prior to the meeting.
3. Public participation session of 15 minutes duration on items on the agenda.
4. To approve the minutes of the meeting held on Tuesday 3rd September 2019 as a correct record.
5. To receive an update on Bideford Fair 2020 progress and, if appropriate, recommend to Council any actions required.
6. To receive an update on events in the Borough of Northam.
7. To receive feedback from the Clean Up Day on 13th October, set dates for 2020, and, if appropriate, recommend to Council any actions required.
8. To receive an update on the Decorative artwork in Cooper Street and, if appropriate, recommend to Council any actions required.
9. To receive an update on the Up Close Theatre and, if appropriate, recommend to Council any actions required.
10. To receive an update on the Cream Tea event and, if appropriate, recommend to Council any actions required.
11. To receive and agree the design and costings for the Port Memorial decorative bed, consider giving delegated authority to the Chairman and the Clerk to select the plant supplier and, if appropriate, recommend to Council any actions required.
12. To openly discuss ideas and projects for the Tourism Committee to progress and, if appropriate, recommend to Council any actions required.
13. To give consideration to the budget required for activities to be undertaken by the Tourism Committee during 2020/21 and make a recommendation to Council.
Date of the next meeting will be Tuesday 17 December 2019 at 6pm.
MEMBERS OF THE TOURISM COMMITTEE
Councillors: D Bushby, Mrs K Corfe, B Edwards (NTC), Mrs J Gubb (Chairman), C Hawkins, P Lawrence, Mrs S Langford.
(Please note, all the agenda items read: to give consideration to recommending……., as this Committee doesn’t have delegated authority and all outcomes will be recommendations to Full Council.)
Report – Agenda item 13.
The Tourism Budget for 2019/20 was £5,000
Spend to date:
Bideford Fair - £1,487.00
Port Memorial Decorative Bed - £1.416.00
Up Close Radio Event 21st December 2019 approx £150
Digital Display board - £8,921.50 + VAT (Earmarked Reserve Budget)
To run Bideford Fair £2,500
To promote Cream Tea Event £750
To create Bideford Heritage Theatre £1,000
Port Memorial Decorative Bed £1,400
Making a total budget for 2020/21 of £5,650 to be recommended to Full Council