The Calendar of Future Meetings can be viewed on the final page of this section.
Public participation Sessions of 15 minutes are held prior to the start of each public meeting.
For Committee Meetings questions may only be raised on items on the agenda.
For Full Town Council meetings, items which fall within the scope of the Council's activities may be raised by Bideford Residents. Participants will be asked to read the Bideford Town Council Code of Conduct (or available at the meeting), and to complete a pro-forma stating their name and address and item to be raised.
The protocol on the filming and recording of Council and Committee Meetings can be viewed here
Town Council Agenda - 29 October 2020
You are hereby summoned to attend a Meeting of Bideford Town Council to be held via Zoom, on Thursday 29 October 2020 at 6.30 pm for the purpose of transacting the following business.
Clerk to the Council
1. To accept apologies and reasons for absence.
2. To receive declarations of interest on items on the agenda and note the requests for dispensation received by the Clerk prior to the meeting.
3. Public participation session of 15 minutes duration on items submitted prior to the meeting by Bideford residents, which fall within the scope of the Council’s activities.
4. To approve the minutes of the meeting held on 17 September 2020 as a correct record.
a. To approve the payments listed.
b. To receive a copy of the external auditor’s certificate and opinion 2019/20.
6. To receive the report from the County Councillor on issues within the parish.
7. To receive a presentation from Lucy Willans from the Appletree Initiative on the benefits that outdoor learning can have for children. appletreeinitiative.co.uk
8. To receive such communications as the Town Mayor / Town Clerk may wish to lay before the Council.
9. Decarbonisation and Environment Committee – to approve and adopt the minutes of the meeting held via Zoom on:
a. 22 September 2020
b. 13 October 2020
10. Market Management Committee – to approve and adopt the minutes of the meeting held on 6 October 2020.
11. Staffing, Finance & General Purposes Committee – to approve and adopt the minutes of the meeting held on 8 October 2020.
12. Allotment Committee – to approve and adopt the minutes of the meeting held on 15 October.
13. Tourism Committee – to approve and adopt the minutes of the meeting held on 20 October 2020.
14. Emergency Planning Workgroup - to approve and adopt the minutes of the meeting held on 26 October 2020.
15. To receive correspondence between Manteo and Landivisiau and Bideford during the last 12 months.
16. Notice of Motion- Councillor J Herron
“To consider priorities for improving the cycling network in and around Bideford as proposed by NDCC.”
17. Notice of Motion- Councillor J Craigie
“That Bideford Town Council supports the efforts of Devon Wildlife Trust in conserving and preserving the IUCN red listed Devon Whitebeam Tree by:
• procuring 3 Devon Whitebeam saplings for planting in Ford Woodland with appropriate protection against predation
• places signage at the entrance to Ford Woodland explaining the critically endangered nature of Devon Whitebeam trees and how they are almost extinct in the wild apart from the Torridge River Valley
• call on other parishes within the Torridge River Valley to take similar steps in support of the work of Devon Wildlife Trust in preserving this part of northern Devon's wildlife heritage.”
18. DALC Meeting – To receive an update from Councillor Mrs Craigie and consider any actions arising.
19. Torridge District Council – To receive an update on Torridge District Council activities by one of the Councillors.
20. To receive an update on Bridge Trust activities by one of the Trustees.
Date of next Meeting: Thursday 17 December 2020 at 6.30pm
Currently, in light of Government and Health Executive guidelines, Bideford Town Council are holding Town Council meetings via Zoom.
Town Council meetings are being held every six weeks and committee meetings are being scheduled as required.