The Calendar of Future Meetings can be viewed on the final page of this section.
Public participation Sessions of 15 minutes are held prior to the start of each public meeting.
For Committee Meetings questions may only be raised on items on the agenda.
For Full Town Council meetings, items which fall within the scope of the Council's activities may be raised by Bideford Residents. Participants will be asked to read the Bideford Town Council Code of Conduct (or available at the meeting), and to complete a pro-forma stating their name and address and item to be raised.
The protocol on the filming and recording of Council and Committee Meetings can be viewed here
Extra-Ordinary Town Council Agenda - Thursday 25 June 2020
You are hereby summoned to attend an on-line Meeting of Bideford Town Council to be held via Zoom, on Thursday 25 June 2020 at 6.30 pm for the purpose of transacting the following business.
Clerk to the Council
1. To accept apologies and reasons for absence.
2. To receive declarations of interest on items on the agenda and note the requests for dispensation received by the Clerk prior to the meeting.
3. Public participation session of 15 minutes duration on items submitted prior to the meeting by Bideford residents, which fall within the scope of the Council’s activities.
4. To approve the minutes of the meeting held on 28 April 2020 as a correct record.
5. a. To approve the payments listed:
i Payments as at 31 May 2020
ii Payments as at 25 June 2020
b. To receive and approve the Internal Auditor’s Report - Records as at 31 March 2020
c. To receive and approve the Independent Auditor’s Report - Records as at 31 March 2020
6. To consider and approve the Annual Governance Statement for the year ended 31 March 2020.
7. To consider and approve the Accounting Statements within the Annual Return for the year ended 31 March 2020.
8. To give consideration to passing the resolution detailed below, which will enable the Council to continue to use the General Power of Competence:
That, in accordance with the Localism Act 2011, Section 8, as set out in Statutory Instrument Parish Councils (General Power of Competence) (Prescribed Conditions) Order 2012, Bideford Town Council hereby considers itself an ‘eligible council’ having met the following criteria:
• At the time of this resolution two thirds of the members of the Council have stood for election
• The Clerk holds the Certificate in Local Council Administration (CiLCA), which includes Section 7 of CiLCA 2012.
9. To receive the report from the Chamber of Commerce on issues within the parish.
10. To receive the report from the County Councillor on issues within the parish.
11. To receive such communications as the Town Mayor / Town Clerk may wish to lay before the Council.
12. To agree a protocol for meetings held via zoom.
13. To agree a response to the Model Code of Conduct Consultation
14. Market Management Committee – to approve and adopt the minutes of the meeting held on via zoom on 19th May 2020.
15. To nominate a Member to replace Councillor J McKenzie as a Bridge Trust representative from August 2020.
16. To consider nominating a representative to the North Devon Councillor Advocate scheme.
17. Notice of Motion – Councillor David Ratcliff
To install 9 large Octagonal Planters (max size 4ft x 4ft) on the pavements outside Old Town Post Office and on the opposite side of the road, going round the corner to Meddon Street.
18. Notice of Motion – Councillor Peter Christie:
That this Council sets up an “Emergency Planning Group” to develop its own emergency plans for future crises.
19. To discuss ideas received from Member regarding Post Covid actions, and agree what action to take.
20. Torridge District Council – To receive an update on Torridge District Council activities by one of the Councillors.
21. To receive an update on Bridge Trust activities by one of the Trustees.
22. To agree the date of the next Town Council meeting
Agenda item 8: General Power of Competence
The Council’s period of eligibility begins on the date that the resolution is made and expires on the day before the annual meeting of the Council that takes place in a year of ordinary elections; The Council therefore needs to confirm that it meets the criteria at every annual meeting of the council after ordinary elections. Bideford Town Council does meet the criteria.