Staffing, Finance & General Purposes Committee - 25 April 2019
You are hereby summoned to attend a meeting of the Staffing, Finance & General Purposes Committee of the above-named Council to be held in the Council Chamber, Town Hall, Bideford, on Thursday 25 April 2019 at 6.30pm for the purpose of transacting the following business.
In accordance with The Public Bodies (Admissions to Meetings) Act 1960 members of the public are welcome to attend this Meeting. There is a legal right to film/record/photograph/report public meetings.
Clerk to the Council
1. To receive apologies and reasons for absence
2. To receive declarations of interest on items on the agenda and note any requests for dispensation received by the Clerk prior to the meeting.
3. Public participation session of 15 minutes duration on items on the agenda.
4. To approve the minutes of the meeting held on Thursday 28 March 2019 as a correct record.
5. Items brought forward by the Chairman.
6. a. To approve the payments listed.
b. To receive and approve the Internal Auditor’s Report - Records as at 31 March 2019.
c. To give consideration to the allocation of the non-earmarked funds and make a recommendation to Council.
7. The Local Authorities (Members’ Allowances) (England) Regulations 2003 – To make a recommendation to Council for the financial year 2019/20.
8. To receive and resolve upon the action to be taken on the Manor Court Presentments 2019.
- The Club Secretary and Members of the BMX Club will be present to discuss Presentment Number 3.
9. To give consideration to an email from the “Out of this World” Organisation regarding a demonstration of some Whisper fireworks and how this should be progressed.
10. To receive an update on the ownership and storage of the Bideford Bowl Rowing Trophy.
11. Ford Woodland – To consider what action should be taken following the unauthorised removal of trees in the woods and the erection of fencing bordering the woods which exceeds 2m in height, erected without planning consent.
12. Notice of Motion – Councillor Bushby
To increase the budget for the purchase of a second vehicle for the Maintenance Team.
13. Maintenance Operatives –
To receive an update on the tasks undertaken by the Maintenance Operatives.
PART II (Closed Session)
14. To receive the nominations for the Young / Citizen’s Award and resolve upon who should receive the award.
The next meeting of the Staffing, Finance & General Purposes Committee will be held on Thursday 13 June 2019.
MEMBERS OF THE STAFFING, FINANCE & GENERAL PURPOSES COMMITTEE
Councillors D Brenton, D Bushby, P Christie, D Howell, S Inch, , D McGeough, P Pester, R Wootton
Agenda item 6.c.
At the end of the end of the Financial Year 2018/19, £21,808.81 remained in the General Fund. As £14,000 is unspent TAP money required for the hanging basket and artwork projects, this should be added to the current project budget. It is recommended that the remaining £7,808.81 is also allocated to the project budget.
Agenda item 7.
Members are asked to make a recommendation to Council on an annual basis in accordance with the Local Authorities (Members’ Allowances) Regulations 2003. In setting the amount of the allowance the Council should have regard to the actions of The District Council. This is still to be agreed for 2019/20.