The Calendar of Future Meetings can be viewed below.
Public participation Sessions of 15 minutes are held prior to the start of each public meeting.
For Committee Meetings questions may only be raised on items on the agenda.
For Full Town Council meetings, items which fall within the scope of the Council's activities may be raised by Bideford Residents. Participants will be asked to read the Bideford Town Council Code of Conduct (or available at the meeting), and to complete a pro-forma stating their name and address and item to be raised.
The protocol on the filming and recording of Council and Committee Meetings can be viewed here
TIMETABLE FOR COUNCIL MEETINGS AND EVENTS FOR 2021-2022
In accordance with our Covid Risk Assessment and as the Government expects and recommends the continued wearing of face coverings in enclosed spaces, we would ask that you respect your fellow attendees:
• Sanitise your hands on entry to this building using the sanitiser provided
• Complete a Track & Trace Form or use the NHS QR Code provided
• Sanitise your hands on entering the meeting room using the sanitiser provided.
• Ensure you are seated away from others
Agenda - Tourism Committee - 19 October 2021
You are hereby summoned to attend a meeting of the Tourism Committee of the above-named Council to be held in the Council Chamber, Town Hall, on Tuesday 19th October 2021 at 6.00 pm for the purpose of transacting the following business.
In accordance with The Public Bodies (Admissions to Meetings) Act 1960 members of the public are welcome to attend. There is a legal right to film/record/photograph/report public meetings.
1. To receive apologies and reasons for absence.
2. To receive declarations of interest on items on the agenda and note any requests for dispensation received by the Clerk prior to the meeting.
3. Public participation session of 15 minutes duration on items on the agenda.
5. To receive updates on organising the celebrations for HM The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee in June 2022 and, if appropriate, recommend to Council any actions required.
6. To receive an update on the theme for the Port Memorial Decorative Bed for 2022 and, if appropriate, recommend to Council any actions required.
7. To receive an update on a Children’s Christmas Party at the Pannier Market and recommend to Council any actions required.
8. To receive an update on the Cream Tea Event for 2022 and, if appropriate, recommend to Council any actions required.
9. To discuss the possibility of an Up Close Theatre event in the Town Hall Winter 2021 and, if appropriate, recommend to Council any actions required.
10. To agree the budget for 2022/2023.
11. Date of next meeting.
Report – Agenda item 10.
The Tourism Budget for 2021/22 was £8,850 –
Spend to date:
Plants for Port Memorial Decorative Bed £1,489.00
Chudleigh Picnic Licence £ 32.00
Bottled Water £ 24.00
Face Painting £ 150.00
Refreshments £ 256.00
Chudleigh Fort information sign £ 235.00
Hand Sanitiser £ 19.95
Pending: Hockings Ice Creams and Pannier Pantry – refreshments
Anticipated spend 2022/23
Up Close Heritage Theatre Events Dec 2022 £1,000
To run Bideford Fair - Jubilee £3,000
To pre-promote Cream Tea Event £1,000 (pre-event in May 2023)
Port Memorial Decorative Bed & Sign - Jubilee £1,100
Beacon Lighting Jubilee Celebrations £5,000
Chudleigh Picnic 2022 £3,000
Making a total budget for 2022/23 of £14,100 (which includes much of the Jubilee Celebrations) to be recommended to Full Council
MEMBERS OF THE TOURISM COMMITTEE
Councillors: D Bushby, Mrs K Corfe, Mrs J Gubb (Chairman), C Hawkins, P Lawrence, Mrs S Langford
(Please note, all the agenda items read: to give consideration to recommending……., as this Committee doesn’t have delegated authority and all outcomes will be recommendations to Full Council)