The Calendar of Future Meetings can be viewed on the final page of this section.
Public participation Sessions of 15 minutes are held prior to the start of each public meeting.
For Committee Meetings questions may only be raised on items on the agenda.
For Full Town Council meetings, items which fall within the scope of the Council's activities may be raised by Bideford Residents. Participants will be asked to read the Bideford Town Council Code of Conduct (or available at the meeting), and to complete a pro-forma stating their name and address and item to be raised.
The protocol on the filming and recording of Council and Committee Meetings can be viewed here
Town Council Meeting
You are hereby summoned to attend a Meeting of Bideford Town Council to be held in the Council Chamber, Town Hall, Bideford, on Thursday 25 January 2018 at 6.30 pm for the purpose of transacting the following business.
In accordance with The Public Bodies (Admissions to Meetings) Act 1960 members of the public are welcome to attend. There is a legal right to film/record/photograph/report public meetings.
Clerk to the Council
1. To accept apologies and reasons for absence.
2. To receive declarations of interest on items on the agenda and note the requests for dispensation received by the Clerk prior to the meeting.
3. Public participation session of 15 minutes duration on items submitted prior to the meeting by Bideford residents, which fall within the scope of the Council’s activities.
5. To approve the minutes of the meeting held on 14 December 2017 as a correct record.
6. Accounts - To approve the payments listed.
7. To receive the report from the Police on issues within the parish.
8. To receive the report from the County Councillor on issues within the parish.
9. To receive such communications as the Town Mayor / Town Clerk may wish to lay before the Council.
10. Staffing, Finance & General Purposes Committee- to approve and adopt the minutes of the meeting held on 11 January 2018.
(Minute Nos 102, 104, 106, 108 (Precept) are recommendations).
11. Planning Committee – to approve and adopt the minutes of the meeting held on 10 January 2018.
12. Market Committee - to approve and adopt the minutes of the meeting held on 18 January 2018.
13. Tourism Committee - to approve and adopt the minutes of the meeting held on 19 December 2017.
14. To give consideration to participating in the Fly a flag for the Commonwealth day on 12 March 2018.
15. To receive the notes from the Town Centre Partnership meeting held on Wednesday 17th January 2018.
16. DALC Meeting – To receive an update from Councillor Brenton and consider any actions arising.
17. Torridge District Council – To receive an update on Torridge District Council activities by one of the Councillors.
18. To receive an update on Bridge Trust activities by one of the Trustees.
Prayers will be said by Pastor John Kidd from the Eldership team, Appledore Baptist Church in the Council Chamber at 6.20 pm, prior to the start of the meeting. Councillors are invited to participate if they so wish.
Timetable for Council Meetings and Events 2017 - 2018
|Planning||7 & 28||19||9 & 30||20||11||1 & 22||13||10 & 31||21||14||4 & 25||16||6 & 27|
|12 RS||2 SL||17 MC||18 APM||
NOTE: The Planning Committee will meet at 4.45pm on Wednesday 13th December 2017
Town Council, Staffing, Grant and Market Management meetings begin at 6.30 pm EXCEPT Thursday 31st August 2017 which will start at the earlier time of 5.30 pm on this occasion.
All other meetings begin at 6.00 pm
BR Bideford Regatta
SL Signing of the Lease
MC Manor Court
APM Annual Parish Meeting
MI Mayor's Introduction
MP Mayor's Parade