The Calendar of Future Meetings can be viewed on the final page of this section.
Public participation Sessions of 15 minutes are held prior to the start of each public meeting.
For Committee Meetings questions may only be raised on items on the agenda.
For Full Town Council meetings, items which fall within the scope of the Council's activities may be raised by Bideford Residents. Participants will be asked to read the Bideford Town Council Code of Conduct (or available at the meeting), and to complete a pro-forma stating their name and address and item to be raised.
The protocol on the filming and recording of Council and Committee Meetings can be viewed here
You are hereby summoned to attend a meeting of the Tourism Committee of the above-named Council to be held in the Council Chamber, Town Hall, Bideford, on Tuesday 24th April 2018 at 6.00 pm for the purpose of transacting the following business.
In accordance with The Public Bodies (Admissions to Meetings) Act 1960 members of the public are welcome to attend this Meeting. There is a legal right to film/record/photograph/report public meetings.
1. To receive apologies and reasons for absence.
2. To receive declarations of interest on items on the agenda and note the requests for dispensation received by the Clerk prior to the meeting.
3. Public participation session of 15 minutes duration on items on the agenda.
4. To approve the minutes of the Meeting held on Wednesday 7th March 2018 as a correct record.
5. To receive a Presentation from Chris Poulson of Promultis on the Digital Touch Screen Display Monitor.
6. To receive an update on participants in the 2018 Bideford Fair and if appropriate, make recommendations to Council.
7. To receive an update on the progress of the film/video of Bideford being made at Kingsley College.
8. To receive an update on the Big Spruce Up and if appropriate, recommend to Council any actions required.
9. To receive an update on the costings for a Mobile Billboard for advertising Town Council events and, if appropriate, recommend to Council any actions required.
10. To discuss progress on a collaboration between Tourism and Market Management Committees regarding a Christmas event in the Pannier Market.
11. To consider the “Commemorative Tommies” and the “There but Not There” campaign with the siting around the town of “tommies” and the Bideford Roll of Honour for WWI to mark the occasion of the 100th Anniversary of WWI. If appropriate, recommend to Council any actions required.
12. To discuss the 400th Anniversary of the Pilgrim Fathers in 2020 and consider an event to mark the occasion. If appropriate, recommend to Council any actions required. 13. Date of the next meeting will be Tuesday 5th June 2018 at 6.00pm.
MEMBERS OF THE TOURISM COMMITTEE
Councillors D Bushby (Deputy Town Mayor), Mrs R Craigie, D Howell (Chairman), D McGeough (Town Mayor), J McKenzie, Mrs R Benney, Atlantic Village Tourist Information
(Please note, all the agenda items read: to give consideration to recommending……., as this Committee doesn’t have delegated authority and all outcomes will be recommendations to Full Council)